Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tribute to the 90s, Movies!

With all of the stuff going on with Mom, and us starting Weight Watchers, I am just now getting to my Tribute to the 90s. Hopefully, these films will conjure up some fun memories for some of you and make you think of days long past. Well, maybe not that long past, it was just the 90s. This list is a combination of truly great movies and movies that I just really loved, even if it is embarrassing now.

Forrest Gump- I love this movie and I think it has a lot of great elements. I laughed, I cried, and I used to have a poster in my room with all of the Mama sayings. "Life is like a box of chocolates..."
Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead - This is one of those movies that I am a little embarrassed to still like. I just love the fashion stuff and how she gets to pretend to be something she is not. Probably some of the best work that Christina Applegate did in the 90s, she is better now.
Clueless- This is a classic for now and for always. I am proud that I love it and will always love it! Jen and I used to watch this movie all the time in our freshman dorm room. Alicia Silverstone rocks! And I still really want her computer closet that picks out your outfits. Jurassic Park- Taylor and I were watching this the other day and I was talking about how scary this was the first time I saw it. I don't think I saw this one in the theaters, but Taylor and his siblings did. Taylor said that his sister hid under the seat the whole time. This is a great movie and I still enjoy it. Pulp Fiction- Okay, so I don't think that I actually saw this in the 90s but I am a HUGE Quentin Tarantino fan and I love this movie. And it was made in the 90s. If you have never seen it, rent it immediately. Dazed and Confused- I think I like this movie so much because it was filmed in Austin and I know where all the places in the movie are. Plus, it has such a good cast, Ben Affleck, Matthew McConahey, Jeremy London, Milla Jovovich, etc (probably misspelled like half those names).
Fargo- This is another one that if you haven't seen it, go out and rent it. It is a Coen Bros movie and it is great. One thing I do like about the Coen Bros is that there is always one really good character who doesn't cheat or steal or kill. Kind of an antithesis to all the other characters in the movie. Plus, this one is set in Minnesota and the accents are great. When we moved to Minnesota I told Taylor that I felt like I had moved onto the set of Fargo.
Okay, I am sure I missed some great movies but these are just my personal favorites. Please feel free to add your own in comments. Look for Tribute to the 90s, TV, coming soon!

3 comments:

Holly Grant said...

What about Good Will Hunting, Pretty Woman and all of the Chris Farley movies! Oh the memories. Sorry I haven't been around the blog world but I have been OBSESSED with the olympics! I am proud of you for your weight loss. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Also what about EMPIRE RECORDS? Didn't you and I watch that about a thousand times? Or maybe that was me who liked it so much?

Cheri said...

All the movies you picked a great. There is one that I will now have to rent that somehow I missed.... Dazed and Confused?