Saturday, August 9, 2008

Weight Loss Update

I just wanted to write a quick post about my first week at Weight Watchers. I think I did pretty well. I was able to get up at 5:30 am two mornings this week to go to the gym. Friday I was kind of lazy and missed my gym trip. Thankfully, when I got to work, one of my coworkers needed my help moving a large file cabinet and trying to squeeze it into her tiny car. Didn't work, but it was a nice 30 minute effort. I did feel really good about my eating this week. I stayed within my allotted points and definitely learned how bad I was eating before. Like the two breakfast tacos I used to get on the way to work. Like 10-12 points depending on what you get on them. That is a lot for breakfast and I did find that the one day I did get one breakfast taco, I was actually perfectly satisfied vs really full and it was only half the points. I am learning that I don't have to be stuffed at every meal, which had become my habit. Also, I am working on learning that I don't have to eat exactly what I am craving at every meal. It is okay to just eat something that is okay, not great! I am sure that every week will not be this good, but I am just taking this one week at a time since this is something I want to commit to for life. I really want to be healthy.

Also, just to let everyone who has been waiting all week to hear about the weight loss totals for week one, Mom lost a great 3 pounds, which adds on to the almost 20 lbs she has lost since she had the tumor removed. I told her that some of that might be cheating because that tumor was not tiny but I am proud of her. I lost a whopping 6.2 pounds and couldn't be happier! I know it is a lot for a week but I think it just proves how unhealthy I was being before. I would ideally like to lose about 2 lbs a week on average. But I am still really happy with this week's results for both myself and Mom. GO US!

Feel free to keep the encouragement coming, Mom and I both really appreciate it! Look for another update next week and I will be sure and post the before pics when my dad sends them to me.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Keep it up!!! That's great!