Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tribute to the 90s, TV!

Here are some of my favorite shows from the 90s. Please don't judge too harshly, I was a teenager in the 90s and you can't account for taste as a teen.

Friends - Okay, serious, what girl, who was a teenager in the 90s, didn't want to be Rachel or Phoebe or Monica and be cool and live in New York! Many good times were had watching Friends! And who didn't want Rachel's hair, was that awesome or what?
Saved by the Bell- You know that you were in love with Zach Morris too! I can still remember the episode where Jesse was taking caffeine pills and Zach had to pull her out of it. That was some serious stuff, or as serious as Saved by the Bell ever got anyway. Go Bayside!
Blossom- This was one of my favorite shows in middle school and early high school. I also totally had some of those Blossom hats with the big flowers, which look horrible on me! Blossom was super cool though and I loved how Six could talk so fast and how Joey Lawrence was super hot. That seems sad now that he is bald, but he was hot then.

Clarissa Explains It All- This was more of a middle school favorite but it was such a great show. Melissa Joan Hart was so fun! I wanted my room to be just like hers, all funky and artsy. I even had some Doc Martins, even though they weren't the boot type, they were loafers and so not as cool. Can you tell that I was slightly influenced by the media as a youngster?

My So-Called Life- Okay, I was in love with this show when I was in middle school. It was so good! I am still a little bitter that it got cancelled. I mean, I loved Claire Danes and Jared Leto so so much! (Tear) If you never watched it, rent the series immediately and watch it. It was great because it was very raw and edgy for the shows at that time.

South Park- I didn't actually get into this show until I met Taylor. He loves South Park and now, so do I! For those of you who are skeptical and think it is just rude and inappropriate, you are totally right. What I really like about the show is that it picks on everyone and everything. They don't hold anything back because it is either okay to make fun of everything or it is okay to make fun of nothing. Plus, a lot of times they have some pretty good perspective on events in our society. If you have never watched it, give it a try, you can even borrow a season or two from us, we have them all.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - This last one I am not too proud of, but I do love the show so I have to add it to this tribute. It really is a good show, just a little nerdy. Sarah Michelle Gellar is great and the show actually has an interesting plot. I always thought that a vampire would be the best kind of monster to be, if you had to choose. I would like it better than being a werewolf anyway, all hairy, yuck!

I also want to send a shout out to Boy Meets World, Dawson's Creek, ER (love you, Noah Wylie!), Seinfeld, The Simpsons, and Sex and the City. I love you all and many more but I could fit every show on this list.

1 comment:

Holly Grant said...

I own the DVD box set with every "My So Called Life" episode ever made. I freakin love that show. I was in high school and would try to dress like Claire Danes; plaid flannel shirts, jeans, hiking boots and a single braid down the side of my head. I also had a Buffalo Tom album which is the band they snuck into see so she could hang out with Jordan! LOVES IT!