Monday, July 7, 2008

Another Update on Mom

Sorry I wasn't able to write much on Thursday, I was trying to finish up work before the long weekend. Mom is doing well. She went home from the hospital yesterday and is doing fine at home. She says she is still a little sore but that is to be expected. Hopefully, I will know more about her condition and can update soon. We are still waiting on the pathology report but they told me it should be ready today. We'll see. On a happier note, Mom and I have decided that this experience has made us want to really commit to losing weight. We have both been bad about eating and exercising for quite a while now. So, hopefully, some of my future blogs will be updates on the weight loss. We have decided to join Weight Watchers as soon as Mom is able to get out and about a little more. We will also be working out with each other 2 days a week and Taylor and Dad have agreed to help us work out with weights the other two days. Then, it will be filling in with work outs on the weekends and such. Hopefully, we can get up to about 5 times a week or so. Some of you may be asking why I posted this on my blog. Not really blog worthy, I know, but if I write that I am going to try to lose weight on my blog, it will be a reminder to me to actually do it. It was either that or Mom and I would have to make a blood pact or something. For anyone who has every been overweight or at least felt overweight, you know what a toll it can take on your self-esteem which leads to depression which leads, for me, to eating and lazing about. This is not to say that I have been really depressed, just very self-conscious and it is time to stop. I have lost weight in the past and have seen what a positive effect it has on my self-esteem and mom's. Luckily, we both have husbands who love us and think we are pretty all the time, but even Taylor has commented on my low self-esteem and Dad is always wanting Mom to be more active. Anyway, I will stop rambling now and just say that we are going to be losing weight and being healthy. Yeah!

2 comments:

Holly Grant said...

Sam-
Sorry I am just now responding to your mom's surgery. My mom had stage 4 ovarian cancer that had spread throughout her stomach and liver and it was found in a routine gallbladder surgery. I know this is scary and very emotional but, as you know, it isn't death sentence. Keep us posted.
I've been trying to lose weight also. I am doing a boot camp and eating better. It's hard but satisfying!
Missed you guys at Daniel's wedding. It was a fun wedding!

Penni said...

Aww Sam! I just saw all the posts about your mom. Be sure to keep us updated on her progress! I'm glad the surgery was a success and that she is recovering well. Ya'll are in my thoughts and prayers!!