Here is before:
Here we have our overgrown hedges and overgrown grass.
More overgrown grass. 
Here we have our overgrown hedges and overgrown grass.
More overgrown grass. 
Another glimpse at our overgrown hedges. 

Here is our flower bed, notice the creepy stick plants. I hate those things, they make no sense to me, being so much taller than the other plants.
So after a few hours of work, mostly by Taylor because I am not allowed to mow and have no skill for trimming hedges, the yard now looks like this. I will point out the changes in case you can't see them...

Our new trimmed hedges, out of focus because I took these pics right before I had to head in to work.
Here is our new (out of focus) flower bed. We were going to plant actual flowers here but our yard is super shady because we have two huge trees, so we just pulled out the creepy stick plants. Don't be sad, we replanted them and gave them to my mother in law who cannot stand to think of any plant dying.
Here are some pots we planted with impatiens, marigolds, feather, and another flower that's name escapes me right now.
Here is my one in focus picture of one of the pots, it is not close enough to see the flowers well but they are pretty!
Here is our new (out of focus) flower bed. We were going to plant actual flowers here but our yard is super shady because we have two huge trees, so we just pulled out the creepy stick plants. Don't be sad, we replanted them and gave them to my mother in law who cannot stand to think of any plant dying.
Here are some pots we planted with impatiens, marigolds, feather, and another flower that's name escapes me right now.
Here is my one in focus picture of one of the pots, it is not close enough to see the flowers well but they are pretty!
Our nice freshly mowed yard and the trees to which I spoke of earlier.
Finally, my Lady Banks Rose Bush that I had to give to my mother in law because we figured out that we don't have a place in the front yard that gets enough light. So, maybe I don't have a future on Curb Appeal but I am proud that it has been a few weeks and my plants are still alive!

3 comments:
I'm so glad that you didn't inherit your mother's black thumb! However, you did inherit her inability to walk across a room without tripping or be trusted with a lawn mower. Sorry! The yard looks very nice and your mom-in-law will take good care of all the adopted plants.
I like your fuzzy pictures.
What is a telephone triage nurse?
Telephone triage nurse means that I talk to pt's about what ails them all day. You know, I have an itch here or a discharge there...Fun stuff, huh?
Post a Comment