Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Husband

For some reason today I am feeling extra warm and fuzzy towards my husband so I will make this blog entry about him...


I would never have thought that I would marry the quiet 14 year old that I met in the Teacher's workroom while preparing for a mission trip to Minnesota. He seemed so nice that day, just kind of shy. Little did I know. My husband is anything but shy. I learned this fact through the rest of our trip as I proceded to borrow his scissors and then have him hold me upside down and shake me until I gave them back. He also pushed me down on the ice when they took us ice skating. He was pretty much just generally rude to me. I was about ready to run him over with my car, which he knee-dropped later that year leaving a huge dent in the hood! The list of rude comments, teasings, and general mean behavior could go on forever as many of you who knew him at the time can atest.
So, why him? I guess I must have been some kind of massicist in high school because I just thought he was so darn cute. No matter how mad he made me, I would always forgive him. I think I knew deep down, even then, as a 16 year old that this guy was special. Let me now tell you some of his good qualities.
Now, not everyone may believe this is true but my husband is hot! I mean, look at that face. He is the epitomy of tall, dark and handsome. That's what I think anyway. My husband also has a contagious smile and laugh. He doesn't smile very often but when he does it is really special. The photo above is a rare smiling picture to say the least. He is also hilarious, again maybe something others would not agree with. He can make me laugh anytime of the day or night. He has a great dry sarcastic since of humor and he can be very witty.
My husband is also athletic. I mean look at him! He is huge! His favorite sport of the moment is disc golf. You may not think that this is a very active sport but you have obviously not been to some of the parks that Taylor and his friends have gone to. We are talking some serious hiking here. My husband was once the Amateur World Doubles champion in disc golf with his best friend Blake. He loves to play disc golf whenever he can.

Did I mention that Taylor is also an awesome cook? In this photo, he is carving the fried turkey he made for Thanksgiving. We did most of the dinner ourselves. Not bad for a couple who had only been married less than a year at the time. He makes awesome meals. He is in love with the grill and he makes the best barbeque chicken ever! Our new favorite thing has become having people over for dinner and we try out new recipes on them. Taylor's dream is to enter the World Championship Barbeque Cooking Contest in Memphis with his brother Hayden. I think they are going to try out a more local contest this next fall and see how they do.

So those are just some of the reasons why I love my husband so much. This is not to mention that he is smart, determined, stubborn, caring, loving, a great son and a good brother. He does so much to help his parents and I am always so proud of him! Plus, I love him because he loves me back!

Okay, I am done gushing now. I hope that I didn't make too many people sick with all my lovey feelings toward my man.

4 comments:

Ben Grant said...

Gosh, so sweet I might throw up! Just kidding, that was a good post. Taylor is a good guy. Hope you guys are doing great!

Anonymous said...

I remember that 14 year old. You came home and talked about him on and on and on. I guess I always knew that you guys would be together always.

You blog is cute by the way. It's kind of fun having a way to be creative isn't it? At least for us less than creative girls.

Sam said...

Thanks Mom, it is fun to get to be a little creative.

Holly Grant said...

Hey Sam-
Thanks for the compliment on the blog. Since we don't have kids to blog about you have to try a little harder to make it interesting!!! So glad you and Taylor are doing good and hopefully we'll see you this summer.