Friday, February 20, 2009

Movie Recommendation


Okay, I just have a quick movie recommendation for all you chicks out there. My sister, Ryan and I saw "He's Just Not That Into You" (which I will now refer to as HJNTIY since the title is so flipping long) this last weekend and I loved it! I do like a good chick flick sometimes and I have found that since getting married and having sisters I like them more. My mom and I were also great watchers of chick flicks.

I really liked the cast the most in this movie. I loved Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Connally, Ginnifer Goodwin and Scarlet Johansson (Man, there were a lot of Jennifers on this set. I wonder if they went by Jenny A, Jenny C and Ginny G?). Also, need to send a shout out to Justin Long. He is so cute and funny and I always love his movies, even if they are terrible. This is definitely not a movie for guys, unless they are really secure in their masculinity. It will make you laugh and make you cry, which is always good.

For those of you who don't know, HJNTIY is a movie based on the popular Oprah book. It follows the love lives of 4-5 main girls and the mistakes that we all make in relationships. Don't worry though, it will not make you feel like every decision you have ever made about men is wrong. At least not in the end. I was a little concerned about this because my relationship is a little abnormal and I thought this movie might make me feel like I had not followed the rules. But, no, it is a movie that is truly on the side of love, in all its shapes and forms. I would recommend you see it, it is lovely! I am not saying that you should throw away your copies of "Steel Magnolias" and "Love Actually", but I would put in on the same par as "The Holiday", "Under the Tuscan Sun" and "Mona Lisa's Smile". Hope that you will go and see it. It is a nice, feel-good movie, which seems to be rare these days.

1 comment:

Kathi P said...

sounds cute! i would love to see it...i'll see if i can talk christian into it!